Scrap Girls at Home Retreat - Challenge Four

Challenge 4 was to be inspired by a layout at Words or Whatever (WOW) and to use a WOW product on the layout.  The only WOW product that I own is a template called Lou's Flowers - here is my layout:
I remember this day 22/4/96 distinctly - my Dad had just picked some of his beautiful roses and I said "I want a photo." He waited as I went and found a black jumper for background and took the photo.  It has taken me 19 years to finally give it a proper home in a scrapbook!!! Now this layout is not really about the roses - it is more than that.   The photo shows my Dad's strong and caring hands and that is even more important given that he passed away Easter Saturday 8 years ago aged 87.
The photo does not clearly show the WOW product I used - so here is a close up of the tag (my journaling is on the back of it) and embellishments I made.
I had intended to use the Studio 490 white texture paste as background for a layout, however it just did not seem right.  So instead I got out the large scallop die and created the doily like embellishment and tag. Smaller circles and scallops complete my vision.
I have used Glimmer Mists to colour the white cardstock (CS). The stickers I have used are very old - they were Life's Journey Embossed Stockers - just goes to show if you leave them in your stash long enough then one day they might just be right for a layout!!.  The background CS has been coloured with Distress Inks - ironically my Dad had beautiful cursive writing that almost matches that on the background CS.
The inspiration for this layout came from Jo Kinder's layout of 18th February, 2015 on Words or Whatever blog, thank you Jo.  I have left a little love on the blog for you.
                                       
Thank you for looking and allowing me time to remember my Dad.   Margaret :)

Comments

Leslie Germain said…
Beautiful page and touching story!! Makes the page that much more special!!

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge