100% genuine

Another layout for a challenge at Scrappingclearly Share & Inspire facebook  page. Challenge 6 was 'soft and whimsy'.
This photo of my great nephew, celebrating his first Easter this year, is just so adorable. I asked my niece if I could use it for this challenge.
I loved the cuddliness of that rabbit so I wanted to somehow get that feeling across on my page.  So, what did I do - use white tissue applied with white gesso to white CS.  I then sprayed with Faded Jeans Oxide Ink spray and as I wanted it lighter I also sprayed a little water that I had added Perfect Pearls to, that dabbed with a rag to remove most of the colour.  Here is a closer look:
I am not one to do whimsy - I could find nothing in my stash that remotely said whimsy to me and then I remember the tissues my sister gave me as an Easter gift this year.  Voila, separate the plies and adhere with mat medium.   Here are the tissues:
When everything was dry I added paper layers, doily,a piece of lacy ribbon and lace remnant to the 100% genuine chipboard embellishment I found in my stash.
Finished off with some white gesso through a stencil (I made a whoopsy here - I was heading for the texture paste - and some texture paste coloured with Faded Jeans Oxide Spray. Left over coloured texture paste I covered a chipboard heart and added some more white texture paste for texture. Then I added additional embellishments.  
I was going to call the layout 'face plant' but thought 100% genuine more like what I was trying to do.
Thank you for looking and reading this rather long post.
Margaret  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge