The Great Outdoors challenge

I have participated in a Great Outdoors challenge over at Soul Scrappers, we were sent an envelope of assorted bibs and bobs and had to create a layout with them.  Firstly, here is my layout:
Now a photo of what I was sent. I was to try and use as many items on my creation as I could, and could change the items by painting, embossing, colouring in etc.  The burlap (called hessian in Australia) banner had to be decorated.  Well, I managed to use everything in my envelope.  Yes, there was some colouring with ink to tone down the images to fit with the overall colour scheme - particularly the owl and the leaves.  I removed the backing from the banner so that I could distress the edge and I also distressed the edges of the fabric I received.  
In my stash I just happened to have some left over papers from the Kaisercraft range Outdoor Trail collection that fitted in perfectly for this challenge.
The photo was taken in April, 2018 when my sister and I visited New Zealand - Haruru Falls Scenic Walk - I did a very short section of the walk.  
Thank you for looking, Margaret.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge