Calvinball Day 8

Here is my layout for Day 8...yes skipped Day 7 will get back to it!
Rules for Day 8:
  • Use machine stitching.  I stitched down to highlight wood panels and also stitched journalling lines.
  • Use paint.  I used Dylusions White Linen and a dry brush to tone down the colours.  The paint on title I applied with my finger.
  • Use a number in your title....6 Kids.  Probably called children in those days but did not have enough alphas to go around.
  • Use stripped paper aka as wood panel paper
  • Use dotted paper
  • Use a border punch.
Other rules I used:
  •  Participated in cybercrop 8am this morning (from Canada)
  • Use your own handwriting
  • Fussy cut..those flowers on left were fussy cut and attached to bottom of dot paper
  • Use a sticker
  • Use hearts
  • Covered a mistake ....I really messed up writing the mother's (my great-grandmother) name....so added another border punch strip..  Here is the proof. On this close up you can see Will Piercey (know as Piercey) has a bandage on one finger!  I have done some research on him and he apparently put his age down to join the WW1 as a photographer.
The photo is of my grandmother, far right with her mother and other siblings. I would say the photo was taken in their home in Strathfield NSW.  I went to the old family bible and all their birthdates were there. My grandmother was the oldest child.
My grandmother was known as Jessie, now that would have been confusing as she had a sister called Jessie.  I don't know when the photo was taken, as it is not recorded on the photo, but I would say she is a teenager in this photo.

Thank you for looking, Margaret
You don't stumble upon your heritage. It's there, just waiting to be explored and shared. Robbie Robertson.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge