Watercolour cards

Yesterday, at my class at a local community group the ladies had a go at using watercolour techniques for cards.  Here are my examples:

The 2 cards on the left were made by first lightly misting the watercolour card with water, 'pooling' up the colour and then placing onto the wet card then blowing through a straw to get the pattern.  I first checked if anyone had breathing problems!
The 2 cards on the right were made by again lightly misting the card, however this time only top right, apply paint, as before and this time apply more mist to enable to colours to mix and run.
Once the ladies had made their fronts the choices were then made as to what colour card and embellishments to add.
The ladies made 3 cards with these techniques and I must say the results were fantastic.
I want to thank Melissa Frances for the inspiration for these cards as I did a workshop with her when I attended the Great Lakes Mega Meet, Novi, MI in May.  The little boy holding the cake was one of the images she gave us in our workshop package.
Thank you for looking.   Margaret :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge