Flower Market Minneapolis

Another layout for Soul Scrappers, why not check out their great challenges yourself.
The challenge was another nature inspiration. This time focus on your flower garden.  It is winter in Australia, my minimal flower garden was no inspiration, however I had these photos of market day on Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis,MI taken this year. 
The photo shows my friend Carol checking out the Dahlias on display.  I loved the reflections on the top of this stall. 
What you may not know is that when I was born an uncle of my mother was a Dahlia grower and propagator. He named a new Dahlia after me (Margaret Crawford) , it was a beautiful autumn colour and we had them growing for many years.  Alas, over time they died and the seed was lost forever.  A beautiful memory.
I fussy cut one photo to highlight the flowers on the right.
A few photos of what my garden looks like at present - it is too cold to get out there and weed at present - beautiful sun but cold!
Weeds, weeds and weeds.
My beautiful hydranga, look there are green leaves there!
Thank you for indulging my memory, Margaret 

Comments

Ros Crawford said…
Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and your lovely comment. You make great pages! I never really got into scrapbooking... We've had a lot of rain these past few days (thankfully) What a weird summer!

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge