Mary Tyler Moore and I

One of the surprises of my recent USA holiday was to find a bronze statue of Mary Tyler Moore on Nicollet Mall in downtown Minneapolis, MI.  I watched the Mary Tyler Moore show, when it aired on TV many years ago and this street was featured in the opening credits to the show.  Here is a layout I have created.   Mary Tyler Moore passed away 17 January,2018, she was a strong role model for women during her lifetime.
I created this layout for a challenge over at Soul Scrappers to use corrugated cardboard on the layout.
About this time last year I was at Paperific, Melbourne and did a workshop with Beck Beattie where she used lots of small stamps on a layout - I loved this technique and have done quite a few layouts since.
For this one I used crinkled up plastic wrap and Distress Oxides to create my background then a short spritz of water to smudge them together.   For the cardboard (from a box that I received some goodies in) I tore of the top layer to expose the ridges.  It is not obvious in the photo but I then painted some transparent texture paste onto the cardboard and let it dry, then swiped on Mermaid Lagoon Distress Oxide Ink randomly.   Then off to town with various small stamps I have, some washi, and some wood veneer complete the embellishments.
I hope you, my readers, enjoy this layout, as much as I did creating it.
Cheers, Margaret.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge