Every picture tells a story

After two fabulous sunny days over the weekend, today is wet, miserable and cold and therefore my photo below has not been shown in its true colours - believe me when I say it that the colours are more vibrant in real life.
Another layout completed on the weekend and another challenge completed at Soul Scrappers.  Here is my layout and the inspiration follows:
The recipe consists of your layout having at least the following ingredients (you can have more or additional elements as well):
  • NO visible journaling - tick - it is on the tag slipped under the photo
  • Kraft/tan background - tick
  • One photo only - tick - photo of wattle growing alongside Umina Beach
  • at least one tag - tick
  • Ribbon or twine - tick - to both
  • Leaves - stamping or embellishment - stamped leaves/dots & dashes from Dylusions Simply Borders set.
In addition, I started with a light spray of oil (not really it was a green glimmer mist) and have used embossing and die cut embellishments.
I must give recognition to a layout I saw on scrapbookandcardsmag on the net who provided me with the idea of using the embossed segments.
Keep warm,  Margaret :)

Comments

Angie said…
Love the embossed pieces to your layout and a gorgeous picture of the wattle!
Thanks for joining in my challenge at Soul Scrappers this month.
Leslie Germain said…
Beautiful page!! And I love the colors even if they are more vibrant. Sometimes it is hard to capture that in a photo. Love the layering too!!
Unknown said…
wonderful job on the layout and I love the photo and the embossing.

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge