1970's Bridesmaid

This layout is for another challenge over at Soul Scrappers - to be inspired by the movie poster for Bridesmaids with the added criteria of brick background; white title; number/s on your page can be title or journaling; bridesmaid photo.
Here is my layout:
It took me longer than usual to bring this layout together - was it the photo? was it the criteria? was it the colour?  The photo is of me being a bridesmaid at my brother's first marriage in the late 1970's.  We hired our dresses (the bride's sister was matron-of-honour).  I also made the bride's going away outfit - yes readers in the 70's a bride would get dressed in a different outfit as they left the wedding. 

Brick background tick.  I used gesso and Kaisercraft Brick template.  Now the gesso stuck to the cardstock and when I lifted it off I got this rough edged looked.  I have sponged ink over the resulting brick design to highlight this imperfection.   I hand-made the embellishment so that I replicated the flowers I was carrying.
White title and numbers included tick.   What I did do (and it is not so obvious in this photo) is that I die cut the letters and numbers in two colours - white and pink to provide a shadow.
Thank you for looking - why not head over to Soul Scrappers, sign up and participate in some of their challenges.   Margaret :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge