Courting days



I will be so glad when I get my camera back from repairs.  This layout was completed for a sketch challenge (SC90) over at Soul Scrappers. Here is the sketch:
My layout incorporates all the elements but at different angles to suit the portrait photo of my parents during their courting days.  Looking at the photograph I am making an assumption that it was taken on George Street, Sydney near the original Bank of New South Wales (now Westpac) headquarters. I recognise the ornate doors. As an aside - this building played a big part in my working life as I worked for the 'Wales/Westpac' for many years.
I have used Kaisercraft "Antique Bazaar" papers and elements on my layout with the exception of the little button bottom right,  a couple of papers on the banner and the twine and brads.  I loved this collection as soon as I saw it and it seems to fit the 'oldness' of this photo.
Thank you for looking, time is a great storyteller, Margaret :)

Comments

Polly said…
Such a beautiful layout! Thanks for playing along! :)
Leslie Germain said…
WOW!! Gorgeous page!! LOVE the vintage picture and the colors you chose!!

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge