Courting days



I will be so glad when I get my camera back from repairs.  This layout was completed for a sketch challenge (SC90) over at Soul Scrappers. Here is the sketch:
My layout incorporates all the elements but at different angles to suit the portrait photo of my parents during their courting days.  Looking at the photograph I am making an assumption that it was taken on George Street, Sydney near the original Bank of New South Wales (now Westpac) headquarters. I recognise the ornate doors. As an aside - this building played a big part in my working life as I worked for the 'Wales/Westpac' for many years.
I have used Kaisercraft "Antique Bazaar" papers and elements on my layout with the exception of the little button bottom right,  a couple of papers on the banner and the twine and brads.  I loved this collection as soon as I saw it and it seems to fit the 'oldness' of this photo.
Thank you for looking, time is a great storyteller, Margaret :)

Comments

Polly said…
Such a beautiful layout! Thanks for playing along! :)
Leslie Germain said…
WOW!! Gorgeous page!! LOVE the vintage picture and the colors you chose!!

Popular posts from this blog

To the "Batmobile" Margaret

Scrap Girls LOVE! at home retreat Challenge 2

Vintage scrapbook layout