New Beginnings Postcard

I recently found a Facebook group called Junk Journal Ideas and inspiration and I enjoy looking at all the inspiration from creators/artists/call us what you will. This month they have an inspirational task - create a postcard with a weekly prompt.  Here is my first week postcard.

The prompt was "Trust the magic of new beginnings" as in many countries it is Spring, of course here in Australia we are starting our Autumn/Fall season.  Postcards are like a mini canvas usually 6" x 4" and I cut out a piece of cardstock this size as my base and decided on doing a collage.  I painted the background and what is not really showing in my photo is the metallic gold paint I added.  The cluster I made top right includes threads from previous torn fabric.   

As I was looking through my bits and pieces I also came across this quote from Henry Ford, and I added to back of my postcard.

Thank you for looking, now I must get breakfast before starting on the next 'new beginning' today. Margaret




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge