The earth laughs in flowers - postcard

 This is the 2nd week of postcard challenge over at Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration. The prompt was "The earth laughs in flowers".  It is a quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson. Here is my postcard.

Here is my process - I adhered strips of page to a 4" x 6" piece of scrap cardstock. I then applied Gesso over the adhered strips to lighten them. Once dry, I used texture paste and a stencil of the world onto the postcard and allowed it to dry.  I then fussy cut all the flowers, bird and butterfly and attached to bottom left of the postcard. I hand wrote the quote on a piece of co-ordinated paper that I die cut into the shape of a ticket.  Finally, I draw around the postcard with black  marker.
Thank you for looking, Margaret





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge