Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge

I recently completed the April 20 Day challenge over at Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration (JJII) on Facebook.  Challenge 12 was "It takes two to tango". In my case black gesso and texture paste are doing the Tango on tea bags. Here is what I created.

Left is a greeting card (or page for my junk journal) and right is a small pocket and tag for my junk journal. I loved the idea of the pocket so went ahead and created 8 more as a table gift for a table I was hosting at a local fund-raising Afternoon High Tea.  I filled them with a tea bag (I found some that had a black top) and a roll of Mentos as a sweet treat. A small flower die cut (shortened to fit size of pocket) and a small adhesive word complete the pocket.

Here is the process I followed.  
  • I opened up used tea bags that I had dried and removed the tea leaves. Tea residue I put in the compost.
  • Using a paint brush I coloured the tea bag with black gesso and allowed to dry, of course, I was impatient and got out my heat gun.  Note: don't cover entire tea bag.
  • Then selected stencils from my stash that had a more open design and using texture paste applied over my tea bag and allowed to dry.  Again, I was impatient and used my heat gun!!!
  • Applied the little pieces of art to card stock and decorated further.
I finish with a quote I found "Human beings are like tea bags. You don't know your own strength until you get into hot water" Bruce Laingen.
Thank you for looking, Margaret.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal