Junk Journal

It has been awhile since I last posted - where does time go?  I recently developed and run an introduction to junk journals and embellishments.  I donated part of the small cost to the Community group where I lead classes for their mission efforts. Here are some photos of what I prepared for the participants. 

The journal cover was constructed from one 12" x 12" (30cm x 30cm) folded into a smaller size.  My sample shows cotton fabric I coloured with distress and alcohol inks.  Students received tea dyed ribbon. Cover plate features cheesecloth and lace behind the main image - bird from a magazine. The journal on the right was completed by one of the participants in the workshop.
We started with a simple tag seen on the bottom. 
Next was a simple to construct belly band.  Clusters can also be made along the band and then cut off later for clusters to be used in the journal.  I love the simplicity of these bands that are great for decorating book pages.
Next onto collaged belly bands. The two bands on the right I have machine stitched, however we did not have them at the workshop and they are another option to use on embellishments.
Decorating the side of a page followed the belly bands - a great way to strengthen pages and also to use up bits and pieces of scraps from creating your journal.
Two examples of pockets that we created.  Stencilling adds interest to plain tea dyed paper, alternatively leave page unadorned for further journalling, photos or more embellishments.
A small cluster on the right page showing a small cluster. Simplicity is often the best!
Thank you for staying with me.
Margaret.




























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge