Just had to share - magic - work in progress

In just over 4 weeks my sister and I are off on a scrapbooking cruise to New Zealand.  Check out Unmistakable Creations to see what cruises Melissa has coming up in the next couple of  years.
As part of the cruise we are encouraged to make Artist Trading Cards (ATC's) to be given to each member of the group that is scrapbooking.
I have been playing with magic creating my backgrounds. Here are a couple work in progress cards - I wanted to show you the technique only at this stage-come back later to see final results.

How did I get to this stage? What did I use?  I list supplies below.
  • Glossy paper (I also tried with regular white cardstock - the results not as vivid but still worked)
  • Tim Holtz Distress Oxides - wild honey, cracked pistachio, wilted violet, peacock feathers (of course  you could you any of the Distress Oxides - love them all so hard to choose)
  • Ranger Distress Micro Glaze
  • Mini Ink Blending Tool and applicator
  • Paper towel
This first technique is 'smooching' this is where you put inks onto you preferred work surface - silicon mat or glass mat and then spray water onto these - you then take your glossy paper and 'smooch' it onto the paper.  Allow to dry.  After it is dry you can add more ink and let it dry.  
Now for the magic---
Take the Micro Glaze and Mini Ink applicator and to the dry background you have created and buff off with paper towel as this will seal your work.
In the photos above the first photo shows where I have photographed half of the application of the glaze so that you can see the magic!  The second photos show the completed ATC background.

I just love the finished results - I will post the finished cards when I have decided how to embellish - simple I believe so that the magic is not lost.

Thank you for looking,
Margaret

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge