Journal play

It has been wet and cold where I live in New South Wales - time to stay inside and make a journal. It all started when I came across a Pinterest item referencing aging your paper.  So please sit back and look at what I came up with. 
Paper aged with tea and small amount of coffee.  I did take an easy option and ironed the paper after the dye process (it was proving hard to dry naturally in the weather we have at present). I used 4 sheets of the paper, folded in half (about the size of regular card) for my journal.  Plenty to use later.
Cardstock cut to make covers - embellished with a bookplate, tea dyed calico (that I put in the die bath after I removed papers). All pages, stamping and stencilling done with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink.
Page 1 - a cluster made with part of a doily, book page, tea dyed lace and flower.  Extra space for another tag behind the dark blue cardstock. 
Page 2 - Pocket tags.   
Page 2 - close up of the  tag.  All tags in the book have space behind for journaling or photo.  The #HAPPY tag slips under the flowered paper.  
Page 3 - a belly band and tucked into the band is a little book made with doily folded in half and some more of my dyed paper. A cluster of book page, dyed calico, die cut, and pearls. Note: All pearls and rhinestones used have added glue so that hold strongly.  Secured over the belly band with paper clip.
Page 4 - A tag tucked into the image.  The tag reads "Don't be afraid to sit in the front row of your life".
Page 5 - Vellum saying secured with washi tape and a tag tucked in. 
Page 6 - Project card from my stash with a cluster of hessian, book page and flower. Tucked behind it is a small note book I created for journaling or small photos. 
Page 7 - Small cluster of papers and a lily embellishment.  Plenty of room for journaling or photo.
Page 8 - Tucked under a bird paper clip are 2 tags.  A butterfly die cut finishes off this page. 
Page 9 - Washi tape border.  Plenty of area for journaling or photo.
Page 10 - I have made a note pad - with vellum quote, several sheets of dyed paper and dark blue cardstock.   The top has a folded piece of cardstock, lace and  brad. 
Close up of the note page - room for journaling or photos.  Maybe favourite memories here.
Page 11 - Doily, very old rub-on that did not fully come out - so I covered with a butterfly die-cut.
Page 12 - Belly band, with flower spray die-cut slipped under.  This can removed and journaling added. also I have attached a small tea-dyed lace flower with rhinestones.
Page 13 - cluster top right tea-dyed lace book page, die cut clock and sticker.
Page 14 - Washi tape, sticker, tag tucked in . The folded embellishment made with book paper, small wrapped around belly hand with lily embellishment. 
Page 15 - tag tucked into a lace and washi tape pocket.  
Page 16 - Simple fussy cut edge.  
Page 17 - Tag tucked into a vellum pocket.  (The vellum sayings I found in my stash would be years old)!
Page 18 - Die cuts and stickers.  A tag slipped in behind the dark blue layer.
Back cover - the circle die cut holds the ribbon steady when tied.
Thank you for staying with me through these photos.
I was greatly inspired by YouTube "Treasure Books" in creating my pages and have left a thank you. Still more videos to be looked through for ideas.  And, sorting my stash so that I have more bits and pieces to use!
Margaret






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge