Artist Soul Retreat with Laly Mille

I was awake early this morning ready to start the free Artist Soul Retreat over the next 4 days. It is an on-line retreat. Laly Mille is a Mixed Media Artist & Creative Guide from France. Day 1 - is a quest for inspiration "Grow your wings". We were encouraged to create a 'mood board'. A long post today.

Firstly, in her introduction Laly requested "Let me call you an artist" - thank you Laly I accept your invitation.  Her video takes you though how to create your mood board. I will share with you some of the process I went though in my selection of what to include
  • I have always liked colour and even though I wear a lot of black I always ensure that colour is included - it could be a scarf, a top, a wrap. Yesterday, my sister and I went to Taking Shape clothing outlet near us and I purchased a cardigan - see top left on the right hand side.  I loved the pattern and the buttons.  I used this as the starting point for my choices.
  • Before Kaszazz (an Australian direct selling papercraft company) ended their direct selling through consultants (yes, I was a consultant) they released a range called Serenity and I just had to include several pieces that I had left over from other projects that I have done.  I just fell in love with the colours and patterns and to me it was the best range.  
  • Images came Daphne's Diary and Frankie magazines that I have had sitting close by me for a long time just waiting to be collated!
  • Of course, I just had to include my recently tie dyed paper, lace and fabric strips.
  • I also photographed one of my previous mixed media projects - Doodled Blooms and then cut out circles I thought appropriate.   Here is the photograph of the page 
  • I loved the image I found in a Readers Digest and had to include it - seeing as I was now a doer!                                    
  • Yes, I have used washi tape to adhere several of my pieces as well as UHU glue. Also, masking tape but I could not find mine.  In her next video Laly explained that using masking tape/washi and glue means that you can remove elements to use on future projects - well, of course, I stuck my elements down 'real good' (and washi tape) and they will not come off anytime soon!!!
Are you interested in joining the retreat, if so,  just go to www.lalymille.com/retreat and sign up.  All videos available until 22 July.
I have completed challenges, in the past, using mood boards of others and this is the first one I have done. 
Finishing off with a quote by Vincent Van Gogh - If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint" then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
I look forward to Day 2 and wonder what it will bring.
Thank you for looking, Margaret (Artist)
  

Comments

Belinda S said…
Loved hearing about your process for the mood board!

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge