Water Lilies

 Here is my layout for the 3rd and final challenge at White with 1 Earth cyber crop.

This was a Tic Tac Toe challenge (one of my favourite forms of challenge criteria).  Here is the board.  I selected straight down the middle - wood veneer, earth theme and stencil background (texture paste mixed with Bundled Sage Distress Oxide Ink).  I search my stash for any wood veneer flowers and the hearts and any other wood veneer I thought would work.  You may be able to see that I also added a shimmer to give that extra sparkle!

                                                    

I have had this photo of water lilies forever!  I took it years ago when my father was alive and I took him for a drive and if memory serves me well it was in the Hawkesbury area. I decided to search the internet for some interesting facts about water lilies and I found out these and more from www.bhg.com 
  • There are many colours of water lily. From classic white bursting from a white lily pad to rainbow colours, jewel tones as well as pastel.
  • They help the environment .  They are found in shallow and still fresh water ponds, lakes and slow moving streams.  Because they rest on the top of the water's surface the flowers and pads provide shade about the water, keeping it cooler and preventing algae.  They also shelter fish swimming beneath them from the sea and predatory birds.
  • The water lily is a star in the art world.  Impressionist painter Claude Monet often used water lilies as the subject of his work.  In fact, he painted more than 250 pieces that feature water lilies and several are among his most favourite works.
Thank you for looking, Margaret


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge