Sunflowers and Calvinball 2022

In my last post I shared the single page Sunflower layout that I had made for a recent class that I held. A friend really liked the layout and requested that I make her a double page layout.  Here it is:

Unfortunately, the weather here today is overcast and rainy and the layout does not show the glittering wings of the Bumble Bee.   More photos below.

Now, the good news, my layout also qualifies for Calvinball 2022 - A fun and entertaining scrapbook challenge for March, based on the cartoon characters Calvin and Hobbs. They would make up rules for the games they played - the rules could be added or taken away at any time. Every day new rules are added to Calvinball and you total up your points for whatever you have made. For example my layout got to 11 points and this is how they came to be:

  • Double page layout - 2 points
  • Polka dots (the base paper) - 1 point
  • Green (the dots and leaves) - 1 point
  • Bees - 1 point (not 2 points you can only count once)
  • Hand coloured images - I coloured with Distress Oxide Inks - Vintage Photo, Rusty Hinge, Fossilised Amber, Bundled Sage - smeared onto an acrylic block and then applied with an aqua brush - 1 point
  • Sunflowers - 1 point
  • Silver (glitter glue) - 1 point
  • Stamping - 1 point
  • Publicity points - 2 (Calvinball gallery, Instagram, Pinterest, this blog)
Get the idea?  Some other rules involve adding airplane, gold, house, speech bubble, Hedgehog (interesting as we don't have them in Australia to my knowledge, not even sure about the a Zoo, so need to put my thinking cap on for those), Duck and an avocado.  Some could be taken away as per the game as they are temporary rules.
Here is a close up of my layout
The glittering wings of the Bumble Bee.
Left hand page
Left hand page

And finally a quote I found:

Thank you for looking, I promise that all my Calvinball posts will not be as long. 
For more information on Calvinball head to http://scraphappy.org/calvinball
Margaret

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge