Gel Printing 101+

Here I have been playing with my gel plate again - should have been cleaning up the table - but guess what was on that said table? Yes, my gel plate so I got distracted!  Nothing new.  Here is a card I created with today's efforts.  Using masks to create trees.

I love the multiple layers of colour I created.  This time I used the little tubes of acrylic paint to get the background and added white to tone down the colour.  When I was happy with my background I then applied masks of triangles/trees  to pull off some of the colour. 
To finish off I highlighted the shapes with black marker, used a stencil to get the circles and then coloured with crayons (I had loads of packets of watercolour crayons so went with those).  Finally, a little bit of glossy accents over the circles and 'joy' stamp as it has a 'christmassy' feel to it.
Here is a close up showing the glossy accents:
I was inspired by a blog post I found by Itsamistry Design Studio from 2014 to create this card.  I have left some thanks on the the blog.  Thank you for the inspiration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge