What a view

What do you do when you lose your MOJO and there is a heap of inspiration out there?  Well, you get stuck right into creating.  This weekend I have been creating.  Here is a layout I have completed for a challenge over at Soul Scrappers - the challenge is random word challenge PHOTO and we were to use one of the following on our layout - Say Cheese; What a View: Snap: Camera Shy; Photo Bomb or Selfie.   I choose What a view.   Here is my layout.
I took the photograph last year when I visited Central Australia.  It is of Kata Tjuta (also know as The Olgas).   I took a trip out to see them and do a walk around the rocks.  They are just as spectacular as Uluru (in fact they are larger in size).
In search of inspiration that would do my photo justice I came across Scrapbook Boutique blog and there was a layout/video by Louise Turner that got my mojo going.
I have used products available from Kaszazz on my layout.  I have kept the embellishments to a minimum as I did not see flowers, cogs, wheels, feathers etc as being appropriate for this layout.  Also, I kept the Dylusion spray ink work (Vanilla Custard and Dirty Martini which is the only green I have)  to the bottom of the skyline in my photo, this is where all the 'action' was.  I did use Gesso over the blue papers I laid down before I decided to only work on the bottom portion I do like that that decision created sky texture. I also dyed the cheesecloth with Vanilla Custard Dylusion spray and then watered it down to a colour I was happy with.
Here is a close up of elements on the page.
Thank you Louise for the inspiration - I have left some thanks on Scrapbook Boutique blog for you.
Thank you for looking, why not head over to Soul Scrappers (follow link above) and see what challenges they have.
Margaret.

Comments

marysunshine said…
Margaret, thank you for playing at Soul Scrappers... As a beautiful view it is.Love the idea of the stenciling and adding the cheese cloth, very creative and very beautiful love the different textures.
Margaret, thank you for your lovely words on the Scrapbook Boutique Blog. It was so wonderful to hear that I had inspired you to create and that you enjoyed the video.
I love nothing more than to share my love of Scrapping with the world.
I'm so pleased your mojo has returned and I look forward to seeing more of your scrappy work.
Happy Crafting.
Louise xo

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge