Playing with Feathers!!!


No, I have not been out plucking chickens, turkeys, pigeons or any other feathered friends - I have been playing with Stampin'Up! (r) stamp set and die - 4 Feathers.  I found this technique, by Louise Beerens, on Feeling Sketchy blog.  It is called inlay die-cut.  
I have also used Work of Art stamp set and ink colours Strawberry Slush, Coastal Cabana, Baked Brown Sugar and Stazon black ink.  To give the raised inlay effect I have used Vanilla Coaster Board (you could use a few layers of papers stuck together) and I got out my Crystal Effects that have lain idle for many a day.   This is a close-up of inlaid feather.
These cards are my creative process to get to the design I loved - with the stamped feather as the focal point.
Thank you Louise for your inspiration.  
Have a great week everyone.   Margaret :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge