Summer lovin' had me some fun

The Stampin'! Up! (r) group I belong to is called INKsomniacs and Linda has posted a challenge to create with the theme Summer.
I have just received a box of new goodies from SU and of course new things mean I had to have a play.
This card features many new products being released at the end of January - so you are having a sneak peek at some of them here.  What to know more you can contact me - but be aware spammers you will be deleted with out me reading your emails, I report you and block you.  
Now for the story of this card.  The Designer Series Paper (DSP) is called Watercolour Wonder and I have used Crisp Cantalope Cardstock (CS) for card and one of the layers and butterfly.  I first distressed the DSP with distress tool, then the edges of all papers were further distressed with Crisp Cantalope Classic ink.
I have used some of the new twine in Sweet Sorbet Accessory Pack that is in the Sale-a-bration catalogue due out 28th January.  Also, I have used Decorative Dots embossing folder - this to is free is you meet spending guidelines during the period.  Now who does not like free product!!!  My hand is up!!!.  You can see the various layers of the card here.  I have used some Stampin' Dimensionals to lift the second layer.
The inside of the card.  The greeting psst.....and you make me HAPPY, the DSP  and Retro Fresh Washi Tape are from Celebrate the Everyday catalogue again being released on 28th January.  So much to look forward to then and remember if you buy anything from this catalogue, as well as Annual Catalogue during Sale-a-bration you get free product. 
Now for some technical details..........
I did think the DSP was very stark with lots of white, so what I did was ink it all with Crisp Cantalope Classic Ink.  I sponged it on with a circular motion.  I think it gives greater depth.
I did the same with this sheet of DSP and again it gives it greater character, I believe anyway.
I initially found this picture on the web when I went looking for some summer inspiration. The DSP was close to this.
I also found this great card by Sarah and it inspired to go with Crisp Cantalope colour (not normally a colour I would find useful) and I love her layers and distressing, course. I left her some love on her Pinterest post for the inspiration.

This has been a long post and I hope you have got inspiration from my card.  Happy New Year and a great summer to you all.    Thanks for looking and reading,  Margaret 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge