Magical Light

Another layout I have completed today for a challenge over at Karen's Scrapping Challenge on Facebook. It was for her Load Mini 720 challenge - Scrap the Rainbow Spectrum.
The challenge story was "When light passes through a prism we can see the entire spectrum of the rainbow. Scrapbook about something beautiful you may not see/notice at first." Technique was use a rainbow of colours on your layout.
My story:  in May 2018 I was staying my friends down on their farm in Southern Missouri. This bird feeder is outside their front door and it always fascinating to watch the many birds (and squirrels) that feed here during the day.  I took this photo early morning and when I was looking at the photos on my digital camera after I saw that the camera had provided a prism of light onto the feeding Cardinal bird. Yes, truly beautiful.
My technique: firstly I painted my background with watercolours onto white cardstock..  I remembered the old ROYGBIV chant from school days as I painted.  I decided I wanted to paint the rainbow on the diagonal so that it mirrored the suns rays. After drying I searched my button containers for colours of the rainbow and attached them with glue dots.    The title was from an old alpha sticker sheet.  I loved that it mirrored a prism which you can see when I took the photo of finished layout. When I took photo of layout, just now, realised that it went a bit 'wonky' bottom left - but hey that is a prism for you!
The quote: "Life is like a prism. What you see depends on how you turn the glass". Jonathan Kellerman seemed appropriate. 
Thank you for looking and I hope you find a prism soon that will be magical for you.
Margaret.  

Update: I had a button reconstruction and straightened up those 2 'wonky' buttons bottom left. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge