Scrapbooking workshop

I am leading a scrapbooking workshop this coming Saturday.  It is a fund raiser that will assist raise funds for a school in Kenya.   The ladies, most of whom I know, love to use new techniques to them.
A long post follows, so please stay with me.
The first is a single page layout and they will be making the following layout, which I have shared previously on my blog:
The ladies will choose their own Dylusions Spray Inks to create their own background to match their photo of choice.
The next session on the day will be a double page layout:
This is a based on a technique called "bookending or bracketing" that I found on the website of Debbie Hodge.  It is a mixture of two of the layouts in that article - Katie Scott (I love the use of multiple photos on her layout) and the layout created by Gretchen Henniger (I was inspired by the wide papers bracketing the lay out and the use of paper doilies).   I sought further inspiration for the photo frames I have created and I found that inspiration at neusinhafusco.blogspot.com (search scrapbook embellishments on her blog).  Thank you to all those that provided inspiration.
I used Dylusions paint and streaked it across the pages with a dry brush to get a feathered look, additional sprinkles added in the same paint.  What you can't see as it is white on white but I added a word stencil on the bottom of side strips for extra texture.  The roses I added were fussy cut from a Kaisercraft range called High Tea and I have used paper roses from various sources as well.
On the layout I have added a white journaling box (top middle) which could also have other photos added to it.
Left side of double page:
Right side of double page.
Detail of small inst. type die.  Could also be used for journaling.
Thank you for staying with me throughout this post.   Margaret :)

Comments

Unknown said…
Wonderful page, Margaret. Love that you used these ideas combined with your own techniques.
Neusinha said…
Dear artist, be very happy that you have enjoyed it.
God has given me this talent, and I want all people to enjoy it.
The blessings have to be distributed. Kisses and hugs

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge