Variations on a theme

Another layout to share with you today, this was for a challenge over at Soul Scrappers. It was a lift challenge where you are given a layout (this time by Melissa Kennedy, see below) and you can take from the lift to create your own layout.  You can be inspired by whatever  you see in the layout...stamping, using stencils, texture paste, sprays, a nautical theme, inks, distressing or anything else that you see in the layout.

I decided to not go with a nautical theme but take the basic concept of the layout to create mine.  Lots of stash used.  I wanted papers that had a resemblance to Indigenous design on them.
This photo of me was taken after I had completed my 3/4 circuit of Uluru recently.   I was truly exhausted, hot and relieved to have a sit in the shade waiting for the shuttle bus.  It was an experience that I thoroughly enjoyed and getting to see Uluru up close and personal was a joy. Here is the inspiration layout by Melissa Kennedy.
Now, the tale of variations on a theme. Melissa Kennedy owner/operator of Unmistakable Creations was the organiser and teacher on the cruise that my sister and I took in April this year.  The above was layout of hers and it was one of the class layouts that we created in class whilst at sea.   This layout truthfully was not on the top of the list for all layouts we created.  See below for the layout I created on the cruise. It just did not 'float my boat' - I can't pinpoint why - the colour, the rope stencil that I had trouble with, the messy gesso wheel!!  
Thank you for looking, have a great weekend, stay cool, Margaret :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge