Berlin

I completed this layout for a challenge at Pixels and Paper.
I am in Berlin, Germany.
These photographs were taken on a cold, wet and windy day in Berlin.  They are of a sculpture called Berlin and my journaling (from Wikipedia) , in part says "First conceived in 1985 and unveiled by the husband and wife sculpting team of Brigitte Matchinsky-Denninghoff and Martin Matschinsky.  The sculpture's principal motif, a broken chain, was mean to symbolize the severed connections between West and East Berlin due to construction of the Berlin Wall."
I have kept the layout rather simple.  I went searching in my stash of paper for map paper and could find bright coloured maps; maps of Australia; maps of anything and everything --- and then I found this paper.   I did not want colour as I wanted the sculpture to be the main focus and the more and more I looked at the paper as I was laying down the photos - I was struck by several things:-
  • The words Western and Eastern symbolic
  • The fact that the two hemispheres come together
  • Berlin was on it
I kept my embellishment plain - a simple "O" with some hessian twine linking to the journaling. If you can see inside the "O" there is Berlin on the map.

Here is the inspiration photo from Pixels and Paper, the criteria was Travel - whatever that means to you.:
FEBRUARY inspiration
I trust my rather plain but symbolic layout meets the criteria.  Thank you for looking.  Margaret

Comments

Rebecca rande said…
lovely layout!!! great journalling. Thank you for playing along with Pixels and Paper!!
KarenB said…
Perfect paper choice - and I love your use of symbolism too.
Fabulous LO!
Jane said…
Your background paper works brilliantly with this layout. Many thanks for joining in with us on Pixels and Paper this month.
Phillis Walrath said…
love that background paper
Thanks for playing along with us at Pixels and Paper this month.

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge