To Project Life or not to Project Life? That is the question as I play with Project Life!!!

I have used mostly Project Life (PL) papers on these traditional scrapbook layouts, they come from the PL range called Honey Edition by Becky Higgins. Not a good day for photography today in Sydney it is cold and threatening to rain!!!  A good reason to stay in and do more layouts.!!!
This first layout is of my friends youngest son in Missouri.   I love how I could make the arrow with the journaling cards.  "awesome" is a favourite word of ours - it is chipboard that I have coloured with orange stamp ink. The dragon fly die is Elizabeth Craft Designs and I have embossed the wings before adhering.  You will see that I am also loving Studio Calico wood veneer stars at the moment. Love that Cole is growing into an awesome young man who has a natural affinity with nature.
Here I am on the set of Friends at Warner Bros Studio in Burbank, Hollywood, Los Angeles.  I am sitting on the couch featured in the series.  Can you find the Studio Calico stars again?  I have completed this layout using a sketch featured on The Memory Nest.
Whilst in Missouri, my friend Laura and I went to The Canvas on Broadway, Columbia, MO and did a class to complete this painting in acrylics on canvas called "Almond Tree".  The instructor lead us through each step to create our own "masterpieces".  This is my effort - I think it turned out okay and I did bring it home. For this layout I took some of the words from the PL paper, cut them out and placed them on arrows I also cut out from one of PL journaling cards.
I think I prefer using PL on layouts rather than using the PL pocket sleeves (if that is what they are called) as I can put photos on an angle, group photos together and use embellishments to tie all elements of layout together.
But never say never, people that use PL say that it is quicker to put an album together.  Maybe I will challenge myself one day to get into it. In the meantime I like this hybrid use of PL materials and traditional layout.
Keep warm (or cool), thanks for looking,  Margaret

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge