April 20 Day Challenge Day 3

 Day 3 and the prompt was "Back to the drawing board."

For the Day 2 prompt I started a embellishment for my junk journal and I did not like what I was making, I was not feeling 'the vibe' and I was very close to tossing it in the bin. It was very thin and I had planned to make a pocket for my journal.
So 'back to the drawing board" today - I turned the envelope flap to the back and glued it down
The front I covered with a scrunched up napkin and trimmed
I then decorated the front - and remember at this stage it was still looking like a possible pocket assembly.  I decided to fold it over my journal page, a little trimming at bottom of envelope was needed, and this created a flap I could place over my journal page.  To this flap I glued another napkin piece as well as a flower to bottom.  See the two photos at start of this entry. 

I found this online "Back to the drawing board means that an effort has failed, and it is time to start over from the beginning, or nearly from the beginning, and devise a new plan or approach.  To go back to the drawing board is to go back to the initial planning or design stage.  This idiom is similar to the expression back to square one."

Thank you for looking - Day 4 prompt 'barking up the wrong tree'...need to put thinking cup on for this one.

Margaret





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge