Word of the year

For Christmas I was given some money so I registered for Laly Mille's New Beginnings course on her website, and each year she selects a 'word of the year' and she suggested that we join her in selecting our own word of the year. Mine is DISCOVER. I have never been one who went in for this in past however I have found since doing Laly's on-line classes that I have expanded my horizons and put the inner critic to sleep!!!

This is a single art journal page I created. I found the selection of my word did not come easy. I recently ordered several items from Natalie May Scrapbooking including the Scrap FX stencil I have used on my art journal page and this I felt this was the word that was 'calling' me, although I did not buy it for this purpose. Serendipity!  I also purchased Tim Holtz idea-ology Chit Chat stickers and I selected several I thought would help me on my 'discover ' journey this year.  I also used more pastel colours that I usually would use - so maybe a discover is taking shape!

I started by selecting a page in my art journal that I had previously laid paints and experiments of the past (see a little bit near the pink dress - yellow paint and remains of a stencil in green over it).  I then found a nearly empty bottom of a green Glimmer Mist (remember when we all wanted Glimmer Mist) so tipped it onto the page and then using foam brush spread the mist.  The finished result that is not really shown in my photo is the lovely shimmer that remains.  From there I went to 'town' as they say finding bits and pieces to use.  I used a modelling paste through the stencil - as you can see not a good result but went with it anyway....when on a role don't let that inner critic get in!!! Later I went over the words with a black gel pen.

Thank you for looking,   Margaret

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge