Trial Bay Gaol adventure

This is a layout I have created for a challenge over at SOUL Scrappers Challenges. The challenge is a favourite of mine - Tic Tac Toe (TTT).

Here is the TTT board - my selection die cuts, staples and tag (s)
I went mixed media on this layout - gesso, Vintage Photo Crackle Paste, watercolour splotches and much more. 
Die cuts/tags - all tags were die cut and covered. The orange cogs were die cut.  I also added some old and rusty 'things' I recently recovered, locally, from being thrown out!
Staples - holding the title I stamped on calico.. Staples also on the tags to represent the cell bars.  
This is what the layout looks like with tags tucked in the side.  Note: that gentleman you see is one of the exhibits in the ground.  Of course, he had to be included.
Close up of the larger tags.  The pattern paper is actually photos I took, printed on matt paper and then chopped up!  I have also used tea bags that allowed to dry, removed the tea and then separated into longer pieces - I love this technique.  Then there are bits and pieces of book pages and old newspapers that I have.  All applied with Distress Mat Medium. 
Trial Bay Gaol is located in Arakoon National Park and is just a short drive from South West Rocks in New South Wales.  A great place to visit if you are ever heading north from Sydney or South from Brisbane.  
Thank you for looking.  Why not head to Soul Scrappers (link above) and have a go at some of the challenges for this month.
Margaret

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge