Poetic Secrets

Laly Mille has a free art journal workshop over on her blog - Poetic Secrets - using images from magazines and words from books and/or magazines.  Here is what I came up with 
The quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson is a favourite and it was on the front of an old card.  I cut out the "W" and "R" and applied over original bright colours.   There is a secret opening - lift this flap and discover more

I love the image of the drawers from a magazine - I loved that it fitted in with "compared to what is in us".   A little bit of whimsy with the bird and little insect also from a card front.

This is what Laly had to say about her process 

"Storytelling might be the most magical part of the creative process, especially in an art journal. So, what if we invited words to weave themselves into our art? What if it sparked inspiration for a page or a painting? Let's invite serendipity and watch the story unfold! In this intuitive activity, I share my favourite processes, as we play with book pages and cut-out words. Then I share the making of an art journal page inspired by the poetic story that emerged! "

Thank you for looking, Margaret


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge