Mini junk journal for a friend

I have a friend turning 70 in November, so I have made her a mini-journal as a gift.  I have known her since we both worked together many, many, many years ago. Even though we don't see each other very often, we know that when we do get together it is as though we just saw each other yesterday.  So many memories and I have been fortunate to be able to also celebrate many of our life milestones together.

There are lots of tags, for her to slip out and record some of birthday memories. Papers, lace and embellishments from my stash. Simple saddle stitch holding the pages together.  So, please sit back and look at the pages I created. It will be presented to her in a drawstring bag.

On the back cover there are two quotes - keep-sake:treasured reminder, token souvenir. 1. to keep alive the memory 2. a memento to remember a person, place or event.  And, past: a life lived, memories in time. 1. time gone by 2. the path has been walked. 
Thank you for looking, and happy 70th birthday Marilyn.
I love it all, and I have a special liking for 3 pages - can you guess which ones!  I love the tag on the page with the "fabulous" snap closure- something about the tag in the lace remnant makes me happy (need to do more of these); and on the two centre pages the lace band is soft and gentle and the cluster I made makes me happy.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge