Yes - I am on the Junk Journal train!

It's official, I love Junk Journals. I love the collecting of bits and pieces, the putting together and the discoveries along the way. This journal contains die cuts left over from scrapbooking projects. Enjoy

I used one 12" x 12" (30cm x 30cm) scrapbook paper for the journal.  The tie is made of a torn piece of cotton fabric that I dyed with tea.  All edges in journal I edged with Vintage Photo ink.
The book paper is from a French book - Life in a French town. This journal I used a sewing machine to attach the pages.  For the pages I used my tea-dyed paper that I made, the scrapbook page and a piece of handmade paper from my stash. 
Lots of room for journaling or additional bits and  pieces.  
I "smooched" additional Vintage Photo ink on the right hand page - loved the result. Left hand page I attached a small piece of torn fabric ruched up and I love that little bit of thread hanging off it.
Small bits of washi tape left over from card kits I prepared for community card classes I lead  In the past I would probably have discarded them.  The white paper is the handmade paper I found in my stash
I didn't do much to this page as it was so beautiful.  A tiny snippet of lace bottom right.
The handmade paper had this leaf embedded in it.  
A page ready for journaling or more bits and pieces as I find them.
Some more rushing of torn fabric on top of the tag.  The corner piece on the left was purchased in Japan many years ago - I came across it again recently when searching for something else!  There were 10 in the packet.The little girl is a die cut from Melissa Frances when I did a class with her years ago in USA.
The key was a sticker from a sheet which I remember purchasing when I started scrapbooking.  The little book I made from the scrapbook paper. 
The pocked was made from a piece of a tag that I was experimenting using tissue paper.  
Back cover showing the machine stitching of the spine.   

I had so much fun making this little journal.  I used techniques I had not used before and found bits and pieces from long ago.  You know, those bits you keep knowing they would come in handy some day!!!

Thank you for looking, Margaret




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge