Turning 21 - the cake!

 Here is a layout I have completed for a challenge at Soul Scrappers Challenge page

The mood board:
I am in the process of removing photos from the old albums that we used to use!  When I saw the challenge I thought - my 21st the cake icing/candles were pink! Okay, I will use those photos.  The papers and embellishments (except for die cut numbers and pennants) were from Kaisercraft Breathe collection.  The tags had blue writing and so I went with that for die cuts I made. I like that the layout has a retro feel even though I was not really heading in that direction.
The top two photos show me looking at the cake that had the candles arranged in the shape of 21. There is a little bow in my hair - well it came from the cake. The bottom photo shows my father and I, as I was cutting the cake at the local church hall that we used for the party - the church ladies catered.  There was dancing and a wonderful time was had by all.  And, somewhere I have the '21st key' that guests signed - I am sure that is not done today!
As an aside, I made the outfit I was wearing, a two piece pant suit - it was a crepe fabric, with at silver thread through it. 
I am wearing a silver and pearl brooch that I received as a gift, unfortunately time has erased just who gave it to me - but it went so great with split at the neck.  The pearls on my layout are a nod to the brooch.  
Thank you for looking, why not head over to Soul Scrappers on the link above and play along with their birthday challenges this month.  Margaret

"Whatever you are - be that. Whatever you say - be true. Straight forwardly - act. Be honest in fact. Be nobody else - but you." 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge