Thank you for my present

 I have completed this layout for a challenge over at Soul Scrappers.  More about the challenge below.

The challenge was a mystery bag challenge - and we were to be inspired by this poem we could select one of the lines, words or even the whole poem to inspire us. I selected "P" is for presents.
One of the gifts I gave my great nephew at Christmas was a 'paint a birdhouse' kit.  I recently received these photos as well as a video of him painting it.  In the video he said "thank you for my present" and when his mother asked what did you learn - he said 'how to mix colours'.   Not bad for a 3 and half year old.  Inspired gift I would say. Here are some close ups of the layouts - please note that they are straight, they have buckled slightly as I used sprays on the background - I will place between a couple of books to straighten up further.

I used 2 stencils from Kaisercraft - Creativity is contagious and Raindrop.  Sprays I used were Dylusions Periwinkle Blue and Rose Quartz (to colour mix), and inks were Ranger Distress Oxide Inks Prize Ribbon (added to the texture paste) and Chipped Sapphire.
Thank you for looking.  Soul Scrappers will be having new challenges at the start of February, why not join the group at the link above.
Margaret.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge