The Riverboat Postman

Another page I created at the crop day I attended yesterday.  This time I used a sketch from The Memory Nest
I used one of my favourite collection of papers from Stampin' Up! (r) called Maritime Designer Series paper - only little bits and pieces of it left now.  The photo was taken atop the Ferry as it cruised along the beautiful Hawkesbury River, near to where I live.  This cruise was one of my birthday gifts to my sister.
Life is different on the river, it was a time to relax take in the view, have morning tea and a ploughman's lunch as we cruised up and down the river delivering mail to settlements and homes along the Hawkesbury.
Here is the sketch:

Thank you for looking, Margaret.
p.s. Just found out that my layout of Aurora was a January winner over at The Memory Nest. Thank you so much. And to think I nearly threw out the background paper I created!!!

Comments

Marci said…
Congrats! and this LO is super as well, love the colors--perfect here. Thanks for joining us again at the MEMORY NEST!
Jane said…
Congrats on your win! Love this page too, so good to use up all those scraps and perfect paper for this theme. I'm very intrigued by the river post, never heard of anything like that before. Thanks for sharing at The Memory Nest.
Leslie Germain said…
Margaret, this layout is amazing!! LOVE those papers and the way you used the sketch!! Thanks for playing along with tMN!! So glad to feature you layout and glad we connected!!
Sherri Caramico said…
Love your layout and take on this sketch!! I know what you mean about having a favorite paper, and using each and every scrap! Love the colors! Also CONGRATS on your WIN! It is so nice that you enjoy playing along with us at tMN!!
Congrats on your layout. I love how you used black a as the background color on your layout it makes everything pop. Thanks for joining us at the Memory Nest.
Svetlana said…
Love the colour combination! Thanks for playing with TMN
Svitlana

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge