Christmas Card using non-Christmas stamps

A challenge was set by Angela on Elite Stampers to create a Christmas card using a non-Christmas stamp set and if you don't celebrate Christmas then please feel free to contribute something similar, like maybe "celebrate"(?)
I used the always fabulous "Gorgeous Grunge" stamp set, Brights Designer Series Paper Stack, inks and card stock in Old Olive and Real Red. I have also used Silver Embossing Ink. The greeting comes from stamp set Teeny Tiny Sentiments and I have used Word Window Punch.
The "Ah Hah" moment came to me when I went to emboss - the red ink was still wet on the larger stamp when I went to emboss the stripes - instantly more bling.  And who doesn't like bling!!! Here is close up of the embossing.
I made an earlier attempt to make the card this morning - I was not happy it lacked the "punch or WOW" I was looking for.  I am showing it here as it was a part of my creative process.  And you can also see why I had an "Ah Hah" moment on the next card I created.
I was inspired by a card by Jackie Bolhuis that I found on Pinterest.  Thank you Jackie - I have left you thanks on your blog. 
A lovely day in Sydney today.  Margaret.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge