Anne of Green Gables

Feeling nostalgic?  I visited Anne of Green Gables Museum, in Cavendish, Prince Edward Island (PEI), Canada on 21st June this  year. This layout inspired by Sketch 98 at Feeling Sketchy. I came across their blog as I was seeking inspiration for the multitude of photos I have from my recent holiday (vacation). 
This little girl was visiting the same day as I did - she looked so peaceful as she posed for a photo under the tree outside the house that inspired Anne of Green Gables. I asked her mother for permission to photograph her.  The badges and hats I purchased in the museum shop and the journaling is on a card that one of the badges was on.  The paper I have used is from Project Life Collection -  Sunshine Collection.  I hand cut the banner from one of the pages in the range.
I also did a companion page - this time using a postcard I purchased. Canada's smallest province features one of the country's largest tourist attractions.  This famous farmhouse is the setting that inspired PEI-born author Lucy Maud Montgomery to write her cherished novel in 1904.

To finish off a couple of quotes from the book:

"Dear old world", she murmured, "you are very lovely, and I am glad to be alive in you."
"Life is worth living as long as there's a laugh in it." 
"Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world."
So kindred spirits of the world - enjoy life and laugh often.  Margaret. 

Updated: My Feeling Sketchy Layout has won a randomly generated prize - thank you Feeling Sketchy and also their sponsor Molossi.   Why not head over to Feeling Sketchy and participate in their challenges, you never know you could be a winner also.

Comments

Leanne said…
Love the colourful banner you have used on this lovely page. Thanks for joining us at Feeling Sketchy.
hippychic said…
So lovely and colourful Margaret and great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along at FS :)
DebiJ said…
Love the whole feeling of your quiet & gorgeous page Margaret! How lovely you could take this photo & use it on your LO.
Fabulous LO about you too!
Thank you for playing along with us at Feeling Sketchy.
Debi - DT Co-ordinator@FS
Unknown said…
Lovely page and awesome take on the sketch ~ Michelle FS DT
Michelle said…
Hi Margaret! Isn't Green Gables a beautiful place to visit! Love your LO of the little girl.
Michelle :)

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge