Layouts galore

As promised in earlier post, here are more layouts I completed the past weekend at the retreat.
The first was a layout completed in a blind challenge where you are given the instructions for a layout but don't get to see what it looks like.
Christmas 2010
These photos have been laying on my desk waiting for inspiration to put them down on paper.  I think it was the multiple colours of what we are wearing that held me back.  Finally, did the layout.  We have been friends for what seems forever. Us girls all went to the same high school, although none of us really knew each other there.  We have been there for each other through many of life's ups and downs.
2012
This is a photo of my parent's wedding reception in 1948.  I was inspired by a layout in Scrapbook Trends, March 2010.  I cut 1/4" strips of paper, angled off one edge and then applied them to background cardstock (CS).  I was rather uniform in my strip placement (as it seemed to suit the era of the photo) however it would work just as well if they were randomly placed strips (must try that at some stage).
1948 wedding reception at Hornsby Masonic Hall (now demolished)
This layout uses a new technique I learned at the retreat.   I first used Impasto Medium and spread it into a mask with little flowers.  Leave this to dry (you could speed up the process with a heat gun if wanted). When dry I used Gelato's to colour/paint the flowers. I placed a pearl inside each flower.  I initially did just a few pearls but I felt it needed each flower having a pearl.  It looks rather Laura Ashley I think.  Now it was a 6" mask and I did not quite match the design so a bit of Washi Tape applied to co-ordinating CS down he centre did the trick.  The photos were taken in a quaint English tea shop we found in Redcliffe, Queensland.
A little bit of England in Queensland
 At this angle you can see the raised effect that the Impasto Medium gives.
Detail of the Impasto Medium
Thank you for looking, I will have more shortly to share with you...............Margaret

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge