Sweet

This layout is for the current challenge at The Lollipop Ladies is Boiled Lollies with the added challenge of curves.  Here is the inspiration photo.
No holiday in the USA or Hong Kong is complete without a visit to See's Candies - this photo of my sister was taken at their Ala Moana store in Waikiki when we were there in December, last year.
I searched my stash to find a suitable patterned paper (PP) and I think I was successful in matching the colours and roundness of the boiled lollies. I freehand cut the curved borders. I handmade the flowers by using scallop punch and punching out 5 in PP and 1 in cardstock (CS) then using small hole punch in the middle of each one.  The PP punches were then wet with water and scrunched up and then applied to the CS shape with a blingy brad and manipulated into the flower shape. Here is a close up of the flowers.  I love this technique and they look good on cards, boxes, frames etc.
I think that they ended up as little boiled lollies - do you?
Have a good weekend, it is my brothers birthday so I am off to make him a card - but alas no flowers on his - I think cars, boats etc.  I will post the card after I have given it to him.  Margaret

Comments

Susan Hogan said…
Fabulous! Love the way you have added the curves and the colours are fantastic! Thanks for entering this at the Lollipop Ladies - I do hope we get a few more entries and you can be eligible for that prize! Susan (DT)
Anonymous said…
Thank you for joining us at the Lollipop Ladies. Fab layout. Love your take on the challenge.
Granmargaret said…
Lovely layout Margaret. Thank you for joining us at Feeling Sketchy
Julene Matthews said…
Thanks for joining us at Lollipop ladies.I love your flowers and the layout brings back memories.
Heather said…
Perfect layout for our challenge! Love the curves down the sides. thanks for playing with the Lollipop Ladies.

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge