Scrapbooking memories

This photograph was found in a suitcase of photographs that belonged to my dad's brother that was given to me on the death of my uncle.  The photograph is showing it's age and was calling out to be saved.The photo shows my mother centre and her sister to her left (the tall one) was chief bridesmaid and a friend was the other bridesmaid and the flowergirl was the daughter of another friend. My mother made all the dresses as well as her going away outfit. 
This layout was for a challenge over at Scrapbook Challenges to creatively frame a photograph. I went to my stash and endeavoured to find embellishments that reflect some of the details of the photograph.  I used Graphic 45 paper and inked the edges with Tim Holtz tattered rose Distress Ink, the paper matting the photo was first distressed and then inked. The flowers for the bouquets, the lace doilies (again inked with tattered rose) represent the veil my mother is wearing, the pearls for the beautiful covered buttons on their dresses, bows for the flowergirls hair-ribbons and on the horseshoe my mother is carrying. Heidi Swapp invisible chipboard shapes coloured with tattered rose for the heart and the bird.  Finally a tag with ribbon hatpin and journalling tucked into top left completes the layout.
Mother's Day is on Sunday here in Australia and I hope that you make many or remember important people on the day. 
My mother passed away at a fairly young age and it was very special to me to complete this layout.
Thank you for sharing with me.  Margaret

Comments

Carolyn said…
A beautiful layout Margaret - what a special tribute this time of year xx
Carolyn said…
What a lovely tribute to your Mother Margaret love the lace work xx
Ariane said…
Very Nice! love the soft rose colors - they give it an epoch feel you can't get any other way!

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge