I go to an auction

Has it been over 1 month since I uploaded? Time flies doesn't it!!  I was inspired by a sketch (336) over at Scrapbook Challenges to complete this layout of an auction I attended in Arkansas, USA on my last holiday.  It was about an hours drive from my friends home, in Missouri,  to the auction that was held in a shed. We spent time looking at all the tat up for auction before the actual calling.  It was hilarious listening to the auctioneer and watching he assistants demonstrate some of the goods. They even played up to the fact that I came from Australia to their little part of the world.
I have had this patterned paper and embellishments forever and I just could not throw it away, even though it is dated.  They were just waiting for this layout. The alphas were new, purchased during my holidays and I have gone around them with pen to give them depth and to make them stand out a little more.


What else have I done?  Last week I went up to The Blue Mountains, west of Sydney, for the day and whilst there I found these ruins.  Okay, so I think I have seen one too many episodes of "Grand Designs", I see potential in all these ruins. I saw this one in Lawson (Blue Mountains) it was originally part of Stratford Girls school built in 1879, subsequently it burnt down. The Tower remained as is for many years. 1991 the tower was saved, by the local community, from knockdown for town houses.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge