Candle wraps

Some time ago whilst blog surfing I came across a blog Adventures in Dressmaking and I was inspired by a photograph on her blog of these decorated bottles. Click on this link. Thank you for the inspiration.

My friend has a son who is a missionary in Kiev, and he is entirely self funded.  There is a fund raising sale table for Mother's Day shortly and I got out some soy candles (in glass jars), hessian (recycling at its best, I cut off from unused carpet when I recently recarpeted), lace and ribbons and went to town with my inspiration picture above.  I did not use any glue and I hand stitched the lace to the hessian and then handstitched the wraps at the back.  For sale I added care information on the use and display of candles.

I also put in the package of goodies some greeting cards I have made.  Good luck Linda with your fundraising.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge