Mixed Media play

Whilst web surfing I came across a Life Book 2023 free taster session.  Tutors for 2023 are participating in free taster lessons for a short period of time.   The 4th video was with Kit Dellow called everyday inspiration.  I thought interesting - so I gave it a go and here is what I came up with

Sketch everyday items - this one was a waffle tea towel - see photo below.  First sketch, then play with the sketch.  I did then use a Posca white marker and applied to a previously paper that I created with a National Geographic (NG) magazine page and degreaser fluid (from Bunning's here in Australia).  I love this one.
This sketch was the bottom of a jar of Paw Paw cream - when I turned the jar upside down I was surprised at the design.  Again, a page from NG created previously.  Also, looked liked buttons!!
This sketch is the spine of the sketch book I was using.  Another NG creation and when I was using the Posca pen ink spurted out from bottom - go with it Margaret, so I folded the paper in half and got interesting almost ghostly image as a result.
I decided to play with several of the pieces I created.  The one on the right is made up of strips of the NG magazine - I loved the result rather ghostly again.
And finally, I could not let this go without showing the everyday inspiration I used.  It was a technique that I will be using again. I will be looking more closely at everyday items in the future. I have given thanks to Kim on Life Book 2023 Taster facebook page. 
Thank you for looking,  Margaret


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge