Inspiration series (1)

I am often asked 'where do you get your ideas?"  One method is to seek out a sketch and start from there. Here is a card I made yesterday:

Where did I get my inspiration?  Firstly I searched the internet "free card sketches" and I found this sketch here. You can also find sketches in magazines or books available from your local library.
Sketches can take the guesswork out of designing cards. You can get amazing results by flipping or stretching the sketch. For my Christmas card  I “stretched” into a rectangle card.  

My card uses Kaszazz products - background paper is from Christmas Morning collection (I love all the papers in this collection) called Vanilla (5760), SB Essentials Evergreen (1086) and Crimson (1069). The stamps I have used are from Word Montage - Christmas Morning (6013M - 6 versatile stamps), stars are from Santa Down Under (6448M also includes Santa in sleigh pulled by Kangaroos) and the Christmas Tree is from a recently released set called Stamp Value Set - Cute Christmas (8033) and there are some cute stamps in this bundle of 22 stamps that include greetings.  Do you like penguins - well there a some sure to please in this set.  I have also used Sticky Gem Pearls (1397) and the sequin I found in my stash.

Thank you for looking, and I will post another inspiration series in the near future. Margaret


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge