Mother's Day layout

 Here is a layout I have completed for a challenge over at Unmistakable Creations on Facebook.

The challenge was to use these papers created by Melissa the owner of Unmistakable Creations.  I had to download them from the website and print on white cardstock.  
Our mother passed away in 1974 at only 49 years of age.   My memories are strong of the short time that we had with her.  She was a constant inspiration, her life was plagued by ill-health but she always managed to bounce back with a smile and an overwhelming desire to get in the car and drive again.  I do not have many photos and those that I have are gradually being put onto scrapbook layouts.  This photo is of my parents wedding day in 1948 as I could not find a suitable photo of just Mum alone. Anyway, it is apt as both of them helped me to be everything I am today.  Our father passed away in 2007.  
The layout uses two stencils available from Kaszazz - Rose and Leafy Sprig using Ranger Distress Oxide Inks Victorian Velvet (quickly becoming a favourite) and Stormy Sky..  I also made a puddle of each colour on my craft sheet and flicked a small brush with the ink added over the stencil images.
I then cut the downloaded papers and built up many layers under the photo.  Fussy cutting some of the images.
There are two things about the layout that I wanted to share with you
  • If you look at the wedding photo in the car there is a guest peering in the window.  I have no idea of who she is but possibly a relative 
  • The writing below the photo, was part of the download, I cut out this part and it says "no rose as lovely as her smile".   So true.
Thank you for looking, why not head over to Unmistakeable Creations and join and then you can participate in challenges, find out all the products and kits Melissa has for sale and details of cruises that she arranges - starting again when the time is right.   Support an Australian company.

Margaret



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge