"The Magic of Christmas never ends"

This layout was inspired by an article by Georgina Heald "Layer upon Layer" in scrap365 magazine Aug/Sept 2013 p50-52.. This layout features Collage layering and it is a great way to use up old paper scraps, however I diverted from this and used co-ordinating papers from a Kaisercraft range.
First cut out strips of paper of different widths(I used at least 6 papers) then weave them to form a grid (now unfortunately you cannot see my weaving as I had a 6" x 8" photo), secure them to background patterned paper, and then apply Gesso all over the papers. You can see some of the original paper colours in the triangle shapes.  This is a good way of softening your background.  For me as I was wearing predominately pink so it bought the colours more into line.  Below is a close up of the paper strips after Gesso applied and dried before adding embellishments.
I went to my stash to find anything that would complete the layout.  I used glimmer mists, and Stampin' Up! (r) stamps Off the Grid and Gorgeous Grunge to add background texture.
The photograph was taken December, 2013 and it shows me beside my Christmas Tree.  For years I just had a small tree that I decorated with my treasures collected from around the world but 2013 saw me purchase a bigger tree so more room now for this year to collect more decorations.
I like it and hope you do as well.  Until I post again, Margaret.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budgerigar Card

Junk Journal

Junk Journal Ideas and Inspiration - 20 day challenge